Emerald Ash Borer in Vermont
Emerald ash borer (EAB) has been confirmed in Vermont. This page provides resources to support Vermonters in understanding the threat, slowing the spread, and managing the impacts of EAB. To learn more about EAB, watch this short video on EAB basics or explore the UDSA APHIS story map.
Infested Area Map
Additional Infested Area Maps
EAB Update Listserv
To receive updates about the expansion of the infested area map or when other important information relating to EAB in Vermont becomes available, sign up for our EAB Update Listserv.
Infested Area Map
- How to Identify EAB and Ash Trees
- Recommendations to Slow the Spread of EAB
- State and Federal Regulations Regarding EAB
- Quarantine Information
- FAQ: Changes in the Approach toward Fighting the Emerald Ash Borer, USDA APHIS
- 6 VSA 1035: Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets retains the authority to enforce rules against willful and intentional movement of Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) or materials visibly infested with EAB.
- Firewood Quarantine
- EAB Detections in the Northeast
- Forest Landowners and Managers
- Information for Forest Landowners
- Ash Management Guidance for Forest Managers (under revision-check back soon)
- UVA Policy on Forest Management Plans and Amendments
- Webinar: Silvicultural Considerations for Vermont’s Ash within the Context of EAB
- Trap Tree Protocol for Forest Landowners
- 10 Recommendations For Managing Ash in the Face of EAB & Climate Change
- Homeowner's Guide to Emerald Ash Borer
- Options for Protecting Ash Trees from EAB with Insecticide Treatments
- Frequently Asked Questions: Insecticide Applications to Protect Ash Trees from Emerald Ash Borer
- Ash Tree Protection Services Contact List
- FAQs on the Potential Side Effects of EAB Insecticides
- My ash tree is dead.. now what do I do?
- Planting New Trees
- Volunteers and Educators
- First Detection of EAB in Vermont (video)
- EAB Basics (video)
- EAB Powerpoint Presentation and Presentation Notes
- Host an ash tree awareness event: Customizable tree tags and sample press release.
- Share this 2-minute video on social media: Keeping VT Forests Beautiful and Healthy
- Share these posts on your Front Porch Forum or social media sites!
- Pack Marshmallows, Not Firewood poster
- Don't Bring Firewood Into Vermont poster
- Youth activities from USDA APHIS
- EAB bingo game boards and cards
- Activity packet
- Vermont Arbor Day workbook activities
- What's That?! 10 EAB scenarios
- Other Online Resources