EAB Awareness Week has traditionally been the week before Memorial Day weekend. This year, the Urban and Community Forestry Team will do our official publicity campaign to raise awareness about EAB September 12th – 19th 2020.
You can find EAB and ash tree-related events for the week here.
While the loss of our ash trees is inevitable, identifying and infestations early and slowing the spread will give communities time to plan to mitigate the economic and ecological impacts of the pest. The links below will give you tools and resources to educate people in your communities.
- How to Identify Ash Trees
- Host a Tree Tagging Event
- For Communities: Host an Informational Event
- (Video) (updated Feb. 2018, does not include all current EAB infestations in VT)
- and (updated Feb. 2018, does not include all current EAB infestations in VT)
- Review and discuss Case studies and Preparedness Plans from other towns
- Host an ash walk in your community
- For Teachers: Educational Resources
- (4 min video for youth)
- have your students write a research papers, persuasive essay, or a creative piece about emerald ash borer and its impact on Vermont trees and forests
- For Sharing on Social Media
- Share this 2-minute video on social media: Keeping VT Forests Beautiful and Healthy
- Additional Resources