The Vermont Invasive Exotic Plant Committee (VIEPC) is composed of representatives from state and federal government, nonprofit organizations and private industry, as well as concerned individuals.
The committee's goal is to provide coordination and guidance on invasive exotic plant issues to protect natural communities, native species, agricultural and forestry interests and human use and enjoyment of Vermont's natural resources.
- Promote cooperative efforts to address invasive exotic plant issues.
- Educate the public, special interest groups, and policymakers about invasive plants.
- Compile information on invasive plants and facilitate access to the information.
- Make recommendations to the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets about which invasive species should be considered for the Quarantine Rule.
- Develop and maintain a state watch list of invasive plants.